30 Cal Rifle
We offer a High Power Military shoot on our 200yd range equipped with elevated carrier target butts.
COURSE OF FIRE:
National Match Course, modified for 100 yards
Stage #1: 10 rounds Slow Fire Offhand, 100 yds; 12 minutes with two sighter shots, SR1 target
Stage #2 : 10 rounds Rapid Fire Sitting, 100 yds; 60 sec/string, 2 sighter shots, SR1 target
Stage #3: 10 rounds Rapid Fire Prone, 100 yds, 70 sec/string; SR21 target, 2 sighter shots in two minutes
Stage #4: 20 rounds Slow Fire Prone, 100 yds; 22 minuntes with 2 sighter shots; MR31 target
Each stage has a 3 minute preparation period
Shoots begin second Sunday in February.
8:30am set up, finish approx. 2pm
Shoots continue and are held each 2nd Sunday (May holiday exception; shoots are held 1st Sunday)
$10.00 fee per relay. You MUST be a club member to use club ammo (add $35 if you use club ammo.)
Open to members and non-members (bring own ammo – we cannot legally sell our ammo
Any military rifle – NO SCOPES!
Indoor 3D Archery
- Every Wednesday evening January thru the end of March
- Registration is 5pm to 8pm
- Fee for adults $10.00 / Ages 12-16 $5.00 / Under 12* free *with supervision
- Open to non-members
- Refreshments available
For additional information call: Walt 944-7078
This program is geared toward our junior shooters to teach them the fundamentals of shooting in a supervised, safe, atmosphere. 22 caliber rifles are used.
- Begins 3rd week of January and continues every Saturday through the end of March.
- Equipment needed to attend: Eye and Ear protection
- 8:00am – 11:30am
- Fee is $30 for the season (ages 12-19)
- Open to members and non-members
MJSA Air Gun Program
Our 2015 program will start on January 3rd. The adult program will start January 10th. This program is open to the public.
- A onetime fee of $5.00 will be charged for the juniors, this includes their ammo and targets.
- A onetime fee of $10.00 is charged for the adults, this covers their targets only. Adults must supply their own ammo.
- Air rifle matches are conducted with .177 CAL pellets. Club rifles are available if you do not have a match quality air rifle. Rifles must be iron sights only, and should have adjustable sights.
- Matches start at 9AM Saturday mornings. Juniors are given an orientation on the first day.
- Parents are encouraged to stay and help with the Jr’s.
- Jr’s must be at least 9 years old.
- 18 and older can shoot on the adult team.For more info call Lawrence Carey at 717-341-9814
Outdoor 3D Archery
- Begins in April
- FIELD POINTS ONLY! No broadheads
- Registration & time of shoots: 7:00am – 2:00pm
- Adults: $10.00, Ages 12 to 16: $5.00, 11 and under Free
- 30 challenging targets through a wooded course and 2 elevated platforms
- 3 shooting positions: Youth, Hunter, and Advanced
- Food available
For additional information call: Walt 944-7078
We have 2 teams that shoot out of our club: Mount Joy and Red Rose. Both of which are affiliated with the William Penn Pistol League.
Currently ten Pistol Clubs are now affiliated with the league.
- AMP – Carlisle
- Hummelstown – Middletown
- Mount Joy – Palmyra
- Red Rose – State
- West Shore – York-Adams
The league season begins during the month of September and finishes in April of the succeeding year.
Matches are held every Wednesday night starting at 7:00pm. Cost is $5.00
Mount Joy practices on Sundays at 1:00pm. Red Rose practices Fridays at 7:00pm
To get started in the challenging sport of Bullseye Pistol Shooting you will need a semiautomatic pistol or revolver in .22 caliber (a pistol made specifically for target shooting is not required but you will eventually move in that direction if you find the sport enjoyable), two ammo clips, dot scope (optional), gun box with spotting scope (optional), timer (optional), standard velocity .22 caliber ammo, shooter’s glasses, earplugs and/or muffs, targets, and some pistol cleaning supplies. If you are a new shooter talk to a team captain, and members of a club before you purchase any gear as they will be able to guide your purchases.
Once you’ve got the right pistol and ammo combination, all you need are steady nerves, a disciplined trigger finger, and a rock-solid hold to compete in this challenging sport. Practice will also help to enhance your score. Shooting is done offhand which means only one handed with no support and standing. We are always looking for new team members and we have many families that shoot in the league. Once you learn how to shoot bullseye you will have mastered one of the basic lessons in the shooting sports and you can use this lesson in all other shooting competitions.
The course of fire is 20 shots slow fire (2-ten shot relays each in ten minutes), 20 shots timed fire (4-5 shot relays of 20 seconds each) and 20 shots rapid fire (4-5 shot relays of 10 seconds each). Each shot is worth 10 points and a total possible score is 600. Targets are NRA approved or their equivalent for 50 foot indoor matches. The top five shooters from each team are considered the gold team for the evening and the match is decided by their aggregate score (2 points) and aggregates for slow fire (1 point), timed fire (1 point) and rapid fire (1 point) for a possible 5 points for the evening. The next highest five shooters are considered the blue team and their points for the evening are scored the same. These scores are accumulated over 27 matches to determine the best Gold and Blue club teams for the season.
For information contact:
Mount Joy Capt, Jim Miller: email@example.com
Amy Ankeny: firstname.lastname@example.org
Red Rose Capt, Paul Castellano: email@example.com
Come on out and enjoy in the fun!
We offer trap shooting in the evenings open to all members and non-members. So bring out your favorite shotgun and knock down some clay-birds.
Trap shoots begin in April
Every Tuesday evening starting at 6:00 pm, weather permitting
Shoots are normally continued till the end of October
Cost is $3.50 per relay for 25 birds
Questions may be directed to Irvin Saylor: 598-0791